“A walk in nature walks the soul back home.”-Mary Davis
“Walking is a man’s best medicine.”-Hippocrates
I miss hiking. Something that I have been doing pretty consistently my entire adult life has taken a back seat to Covid-19 and recovering from my heart attack. What do I miss most? Here is my top ten list:
- Being outside.
- Being outside with my fellow hikers.
- The feel of the earth under my feet as I am walking through the woods.
- The breeze rustling the trees and cooling me off.
- Taking pictures of the myriad of things that I see on my hikes.
- Being able to think without being bothered by anyone.
- The isolation. Being able not to think about anything,
- Exploring new hikes.
- Hiking familiar trails and seeing new things.
- Posting my hikes on my blog.
- (Bonus) Disconnecting from everything electronic (except my camera).
So, for now, I ride my studio cycle to help with the recovery as well as get in shape for the eventual time that I can get back out into the woods.