This week was an excellent one. I broke out of my comfort zone and decided to follow some predetermined hikes, and ended up completing some hikes that I had not done before. I hate to admit it, but a great deal of the time when it comes to hiking, I stick with the tried and true and just do something that I have done before. Case in point, Anthony’s Nose.
With that said, the hikes that I did this week challenged me physically as well as mentally. I wanted and needed to do something different, so I did. I also have tried some new things in the blogging world that I hadn’t done before. So this week and the week before have been pretty eye-opening and I have learned a great deal from just having some time to do something different. As I think more about it, the past couple of weeks have been a kind of mental purge. A purge well in the making.
Here are some of the highlights:
- I had the opportunity to do more blogging than I have at any time since I started.
- I have found some new blogs that have really been extraordinary.
- The blogs that I have found have covered many areas, not just hiking and the outdoors.
- Overall, the blogs that I have chosen to follow have been only positive. People are stressing the good things instead of harping on the negative and I firmly believe that we all need more of this.
- Blogs that I never thought that I would have liked have proved to be some of the most interesting ones that I have explored.
- Most importantly, I have been able to catch up on blogs that I have been following but have been too busy to read as frequently as I would like to.
So, while doing things out of your comfort zone may not feel right at the time and you may be nervous or anxious even thinking about it, the end result is what you are looking for. Feel free to step out of that box. How did it make you feel?